permaculture - [permaculture] Essential Tools and Skills: A Grassroots Global Network

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kai Vido <kaivido@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Essential Tools and Skills: A Grassroots Global Network
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:43:52 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I have not posted for some time, and came close to unsubscribing during
the first week of this year when the list was riddled with inflammatory
posts. However, I'm glad I stayed! The recent news about Seed Savers’
Exchange struck a chord with me, and more recently the idea put forth
by Lawrence London of starting a mailing list for Appropriate
Technology and Tools was of great interest.

We are currently building the foundation of a Network of Essential
Tools and Skills; the link below leads to a page with details. Though
not presently formed around a mailing list, this network will function
as a forum for sharing ideas and practical knowledge, as well as a
sourcelist for good-quality “essential” tools, books, seeds, education
centres and more.
------------------------
http://scytheconnection.com/network/index.html

and a Tool Survey for permaculturists and others:

http://scytheconnection.com/network/survey.htm

We welcome comments, positive or critical, and suggestions for topics
or articles. Even better, write up something of your own and send it to
us, and I can post it in the Discussion/Forum section (to be created as
soon as I have some content). More info will be added to the main page
soon, and the Network will have its own website as well (it’s currently
hitchhiking on our scythe-information-related site).

With hope for this ravaged but resilient planet and her denizens,

Kai Vido

The Vido Family
New Brunswick, Canada
http://scytheconnection.com/adp/contents.html
scythe@scytheconnection.com
(506) 273-3010 message only

  • [permaculture] Essential Tools and Skills: A Grassroots Global Network, Kai Vido, 01/25/2008