permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Transformation Trike - Good idea

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Transformation Trike - Good idea
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:12:32 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:

The Transformation Trike <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpiwDQr7OTs&feature=related>
That's really good.
I want to design and build in my shop a 4 wheeled, steerable pedalpower
machine that
lightly tills/scarifies/breaks-the-crust of the surface of large wide tall
raised garden beds dragging an adjustable tillage tool underneath the chassis
down the beds;
this could also be capable of removing emerging weed seedlings with a change
of tillage tool teeth. This could also be a
walk-behind machine that you push and steer and can lift to keep the tillage tool level with bed surface when encountering discrepancies between bed height and furrows the machine's wheels ride in. I think this can be accomplished with the use of a hydraulic/shock absorber suspension enabling you to tilt the machine in either of four directions, forward or backward or side to side to keep the tiller level with bed surface. These types of shocks are used in openable hatchback or rear windows on cars or trucks (the window in a camper over the tailgate on a truck). The pistons on these shocks have full movement with resistance and stay put in position fairly well when window is raised; this would be perfect for a garden tiller stabilizer/adjustable suspension. Anyone know what these kind of shock absorbers are called?