permaculture - [permaculture] cool/warm trellising design in zone 1

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Eric Van Buggenhaut <eric@amps.es>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] cool/warm trellising design in zone 1
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:39:30 +0100

In Pamphlet IX Permaculture Techniques, Mollison comes with a drawing of Planning in zone One, placing the warm trellising on the Eastern side of the intensive garden and the cooler trellising on the Western side.

I don't see the rationale at all here, since the Eastern side is where Sun rises and uses to be cooler than Western side where sun sets. Here in Spain, at least, we get lot of heat from where Sun sets and this is the side people try to protect themselves from.

Can anyone elaborate on that ? What is Bill's rationale ?

Greetings,

--
Eric Van Buggenhaut
Dpto. informático