permaculture - [permaculture] A Golden Opportunity

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] A Golden Opportunity
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:53:24 +0000

Thanks for the comments, Ossi. I recently had to keep some of my urine in
plastic jugs for more than a week. It didn't smell as badly as I thought it
would when I used it on my plants. I am on a low fat and low protein diet,
and what you say seems true. During wet weather I don't always dilute it
when applying to papaya trees. Even when I dilute it I don't use much
water. 1 in 10 seems very dilute to me. I may dilute it to 1 in 3 or 4. I've
never had any significant odour problems because I rotate the plants on which
I apply it, sometimes I'll feed papaya trees and sometimes I'll feed moringa
trees etc. In any case I don't save all of my urine. Even if I could save
all, I don't think I could grow the amount of cabbage that's given in the
article, I think my urine has much less nitrogen than the average person.

Charles - growing with the flow.