permaculture - [permaculture] Landmark PDC, seeking former students, colleagues

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Landmark PDC, seeking former students, colleagues
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:46:35 +1000

A special invitation to all those who've studied and worked with me over the
past 25 years...

In January 2008 I'll be celebrating teaching my 100th PDC.

Reckon this is a landmark worth celebrating and good excuse for a reunion of
former students and colleagues who can make it. I'm also hoping some of you
might like to join in for part of the course and give a guest presentation -
please contact me soon if you're interested in doing this.

2008 will mark a few anniversaries for me:
25 years since I did my original PDC in 1983;
21 years since founding Permaculture International Ltd in 1987;
15 years since I started transforming a cow pasture into Djanbung Gardens in
1993;
5 years since the accreditation of permaculture qualifications with AQTF in
2003

So in good permie fashion we'll stack these numerous 2008 celebrations into
one big party on Saturday Jan 26th, 2008. Sunday 27th will be day for
networking and catching up informally, sharing stories, experience,
resources etc. My daughter Melian, will be taking leave from Café Sienna in
Melbourne to come and cater for the course and celebration - the food alone
will be worth joining the occasion.

I'm also inviting everyone to reconnect with updated contact and activity
details for my new website. The web master is hard at work getting the new
site ready and it will feature a section on the work and achievements of
people who've worked and studied with me over the past 25 years - options
will include a link to your website, membership of www.permaculture.com.au
and opportunity to promote your permie and related services etc

Name
Email
Web URL
Current activities/occupation:
Course/s you've completed with me (course name, location, year)
Brief summary of what you've done since then:
Pc and/or related services you currently provide:
Short comment/reflections about the course and the role it played in your
life journey:
Please send the above details to robyn@permaculture.com.au
Please indicate NFP 'not for publication' for any information you do not
want published on the website.

Please spread the news and invitation, particularly through your local pc
networks and anyone from past courses you're still in contact with.
Unfortunately there's a lot of folk who've worked/studied with me over the
past 25 years who I have lost contact with - many courses were before email
and I've had a few losses through computer crashes over the years.

Robyn Francis' 100th PDC
PDC: January 11-25, 2008
Celebration: 26th Jan (garden tour, presentation, live music, great food)
At Djanbung Gardens Permaculture Education Centre
Nimbin, Northern NSW

Refresher PDC - a great opportunity to do a refresher course - reduced
fee/exchange options available. Also there's a 3-day Advanced Design Skills
Workshop the week following the PDC which includes bridging the PDC to APT
(Accredited Permaculture Training) qualifications.

This course will feature special guest sessions by former students and
colleagues Janelle Schafer, Peter Hardwick, Virginia Solomon and others.

Celebration will be a fundraiser for the Australia-Cuba Permaculture
Exchange project

Ciao
Robyn

--