permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ecopsychology and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Stephen Figgins" <stephen@plainscraft.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ecopsychology and Permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:26:45 -0500

On 10/11/07, Healing Hawk <healinghawk@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What does Permaculture do?

It might make more sense to ask what do permaculturalists do, or what
do people who practice permaculture do? Permaculture isn't one
particular culture or even one particular way of doing things. It's
more of an approach or an understanding. I suggest you think of it
instead as "how does a permacultural approach affect my understanding
of culture, my understanding of place, the ceremonies or rituals I
choose to heal my soul?"

It might also help to look at this bioregionally, what ceremonies make
sense for where you live? What will heal you to the land around you?

I think the answers though will vary even more than what plant guilds
work where we live. I don't have a sense of how many people here
would care to delve into it. Unless others express interest we could
maybe talk about it off list?

-Stephen
From the Kansas river watershed, where the cool fall days have my
thinking of weather in Sonoma county.