permaculture - Re: [permaculture] small cooking woodstove

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Kahn <david@sustainablehabitats.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] small cooking woodstove
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:01:21 -0700

Rain Tenaqiya wrote:
I am looking for an EPA-approved woodstove to heat the 600 square foot
strawbale/cob house I'm building. I would like to be able to cook on it, at
least to a limited extent. I would also like to heat my hotwater with it,
but that seems to be illegal in California. Anyway, it would be good if it
had that potential, for after the inspection. Does anyone have any
recommendations?
Thanks,
Rain

Hi Rain,

I am a member of the Masonry Heater Association of North America. Check out our website: http://mha-net.org/
If this is what you're looking for we can build one for you or depending on your location we may recommend someone in your area.
We will be teaching an Earthen Oven workshop designed on these principals starting here in Los Angeles. At the Edendale Farm permaculture site from Oct. 13th for 4 Saturdays.
If you can make it you can build it yourself! and save a bundle :)

I will be posting more details on this Mass Oven workshop later on today.

Regards,
David Kahn
www.sustainablehabitats.org
www.edendalefarm.com