permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Corn Ethanol's Dirty Little Secret

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Corn Ethanol's Dirty Little Secret
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:55:15 -0700 (PDT)

bio-butanol comes from Clostridium acetobutylicum eating cellulose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biobutanol

I'm not sure about the hydrogen statements, but I know hydrogen normally
comes from Natural Gas these days. More techno-fix propaganda. I've heard
about the aluminum dissolved in gallium trick, too (possibly how internal
combustion can be done "using water").

All of these things trace back to the storage of the sun's energy at some
point. It's easy to put blinders on and only see one part of a larger
system. It's like focusing only on the tip of the iceberg, as that is less
to think about than the whole thing. Denial or intelligence, you decide.

Repeat to yourself "Energy is neither created nor destroyed. Perpetual
motion is wishful thinking."

-Sean.
Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com> wrote: How is bio-butanol produced?
Where will the hydrogen come from?

Charles

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
In the mean time steps are being taken to make on site hydrogen available to
internal combustion engines in order to improve fuel economy and reduce the
pollution from them. This technology is available now and has resulted in
40% increased fuel economy in some cases. It also virtually eliminates the
particulate and other pollutants from gasoline and diesel engines, both
mobile and stationary.

Neal Van Milligen
Kentucky Enrichment Inc
www.kentuckyenrichment.com

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.