permaculture - Re: [permaculture] reduce pesticide use by the ton and fertilizers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] reduce pesticide use by the ton and fertilizers
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:48:28 -0400

My advice is don't let permaculture anywhere near the U.S. organic standards.
It was the biggest mistakes that the organic farming community made to push
for federal organic standards.  Now the corporations are in the drivers seat.
We don't want Permaculture designs coming from Dean Foods, Monsanto et. al.
They will find the way to totally subvert whatever meaning Permaculture
currently has.

Larry Saltzman

http://www.ecan.govt.nz/NR/rdonlyres/DF4F15C7-2368-4210-9E4A-B72BD9112773/0/84pg2326.pdf