permaculture - Re: [permaculture] New to List - inquiry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] New to List - inquiry
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:28:46 -0400

permlist@mac.com wrote:

I am new to the permaculture list. I am working on a 5,000 acre ranch we are working to turn into a sustainable community. I am most interested in permaculture. I mean by that, actually working on permaculture and questions that relate to same.

I say this because to date I see the overriding information discussed in political. Is this what I can expect? If so, I am on the wrong list. I get enough of that from too many other sources already.

Thank you for your advice if you choose to direct me further.

Don't worry about any overwhelming political threads is this list, Randall.
Its usually pretty rare as most are interested in the same things you are,
hands-on permaculture, putting it to work.
What little politics there are in this list is, unfortunately, the direct
result of the times we are in and people
wanting to exert their influence through networking. There is actually considerable interest in social networking web resources as an outgrowth of Google and similar free public information sites.

Anyway, we'll keep the politics quiet.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.