permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Democratic solutions to Permacultures conflicts?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Democratic solutions to Permacultures conflicts?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:02:41 -0400

This is tricky, while certification and credentials demonstrating skill
levels is important they can also evolve into the permaculture police. Some
people completing a certificate have no business selling there services for
much of anything, others may be as experienced and skilled in their areas of
expertise as the person they took the course from, in which case the course
is simply the conceptual framework around which they can use their existing
skills.?I also believe that there is a danger of the most anal-compulsive
types gathering like bees around honey to develop and rigidly enforce rules.

But there is another purpose a national organization can have and that is to
promote the message of Permaculture and to serve an important educational
P.R. function.