permaculture - [permaculture] The Center for Bioregional Living Design course begins July 22--Aug.3s tarts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "treefaust@juno.com" <treefaust@juno.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Center for Bioregional Living Design course begins July 22--Aug.3s tarts
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:19:45 GMT

Hello all,
Here is our Design course offering for the season which is at our off
the Grid Permaculture demonstration site in West Virginia and
integrates Biodynamics and goes for 112 hours well beyond the baseline
72 hour course,Please check us out at www.homebiome.com and enroll
today call or email 304-653-8582,contact@homebiome.com to
register,Sincerely,
Andrew Faust

Permaculture Design Course

July 22-August 3, 2007 Syllabus
Cost: $1000 for 112 course hours, food and campsite
This course covers ways of living that harmonize with ecological
patterns including the core Permaculture Design curriculum and
applications of Permaculture in diverse settings. Students will
practice applying the principles by creating a design for a site they
are familiar with or a site in our area.

Lectures and hands-on work will explore:
bioregional designs, such as biodynamics, for regenerating local
economies and ecologies,
natural history of Eastern woodlands and designs that cooperate
with their regeneration, evolution of agriculture, energy and nutrient
cycling, and watershed health,
integration of animals into cultivated ecosystems.

At the Center for Bioregional Living students will experience
off-the-grid systems including gravity fed water, springhouses, rain
water catchment and solar powered water pumping for irrigation,
biodynamic and forest garden fruit and nut tree cultivation,
beekeeping, selective firewood and pole harvesting to encourage sugar
maples and apples, organic vegetable production, natural building with
on-site and local materials including earthen plaster, and raising chicken

Field trips will include small farms with diverse livestock and a
biodiesel processor. Students completing the two week course will
receive a Permaculture Design Certificate

Best selection of Bibles. Click Now
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?u=http://tagline.untd.us/fc/Ioyw6iif6uRbowlekqvPFQJKmZR17FgGZ9iGahbAV9BsUIUTL4EAUI/

  • [permaculture] The Center for Bioregional Living Design course begins July 22--Aug.3s tarts, treefaust@juno.com, 07/11/2007