permaculture - [permaculture] Blueberry/willow guild design critique

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Blueberry/willow guild design critique
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 19:12:56 -0700

Hey folks, looking for design critique... I am thinking through an area that gets periodic winter inundation..perfect for blueberries... willow is very useful.. so I am thinking through a blueberry/willow shrubland guild. Blueberry rings surrounding mulch planting, trialside harvest along the way, surrounded by willow coppice shrubland matrix. Believe it or not... its up on the wiki: Trying to brainstorm useful/edible plants that take winter saturation. In particular looking for an edible iris root other than I. pseudoacorus (which is an aquatic invasive around here.)

http://www.permaculture.info/index.php/Willow/blueberry_guild

-Paul Cereghino