permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Politics and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: permafrog@riseup.net
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Politics and Permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:07:45 -0700 (PDT)

It seems some people have little understanding of what politics is. I
agree that as it is currently practised here in Canada, for example it is
all about competing interests vying for control but that is a mutation of
what politics is meant to be. Politics is how we order society and meet
the needs of society's members.

>From a permaculture perspective we would look to Nature to define a
governance model that enables all to thrive. A model that understands
balance and sharing the surplus so that all can thrive. Local control
over resources and local food production with trade taking place with the
villages nearest to us and then spreading out from there if need demands.

Our current municipal councils may come the closest to a workable existing
structure.

we may be a long way from the model but politics is very much pemacuture.

It could be
On Thu, June 14,
Bob Ewing Communications
http://bobewing.org