permaculture - [permaculture] Politics and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cindy <intjring@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Politics and Permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, I honestly don't see how politics connects very
well to permaculture. To me, the emphasis of politics
is competing interests, and the parties continually
attempt to create divisions and competition even where
none exist to establish their bases. OTOH,
permaculture emphasizes unity in caring for others.

Further, as someone else said, politics relies on
delegating power to others; permaculture involves
taking power back. Politics generates blame;
permaculture takes responsibility.

Ken, I may come by one of your info sessions to say hi
this weekend and will e-mail you.

Cindy

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.