permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Politics-Is it relevant to Permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Politics-Is it relevant to Permaculture?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:58:50 +1000

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, bwaldrop@cox.net wrote:
> But the focus
> remains on US Imperial politics, when this discussion group in fact is
> international in its scope. Not everybody shares a fascination with US
> Imperial politics.

Just so. There was a state election here a few months ago and
at no point did I see any need to tell anyone else who to vote for,
or indeed to even mention it, despite some potentially humorous
anecdotes involving the gun club nutters sitting outside the polling
booth on the day, or droll historical references to country member
quotes.

Anyway, I think I can speak for what I like to think of as The Rest
Of The World, when I say that we're all pretty disappointed that
out of ~ 300 million people, the best you could come up with
was that. Or rather, them.

<points>

I mean .. really. Any subsequent discussions emanating from
your colony can't really be expected to be taken seriously by
the rest of us. So shoosh now.

Jedd.