permaculture - Re: [permaculture] scythes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roxann Phillips" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] scythes
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 21:48:49 -0500

I have the brush cutting blade and I really like it a lot. I can't trim
as close to rocks as I can with the weed eater, but it has the ability
to cover much more ground more quickly than with a weed eater. And it
can trim very young saplings and the sumac saplings better than anything
else I've used. I hate using the weed eater, but I like having the grass
trimmed close to the rocks by the house so I can better see the snakes.
We have a LOT of copperheads here!

Roxann