permaculture - Re: [permaculture] anti-semitism or naivete

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] anti-semitism or naivete
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:44:45 +1000

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Marimike6@cs.com wrote:
> It's also a bad idea, if you meet a black person whose manner of speech
> impresses you, to call him "articulate". Don't ask why. Just jot it down in

This is a shame, as I'd love to ask why.

If I meet a white person (say) and I think they're particularly
articulate, can I say as much .. or should I wait until they're
out of earshot?

What about someone who's white, but has recently spent
a lot of time in the sun and has gone a kind of reddish tinge?

I recently spent a few days with a friend and his kids (who
are around 15 yo) -- they were all born in a different country
to me, and now I'm a tad worried because I think that on a
couple of occasions over the weekend I said something like
"I'm sure there's a better way to verbalise that thought".

Much to think about.

Jedd.