permaculture - [permaculture] anti-semitism (and unnecessary snarkines)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "rafter t. sass" <geophaestus@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] anti-semitism (and unnecessary snarkines)
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:16:55 -0700

Firstly, apologies for my "banning the troll" comment. It was way snarkier than useful, and also factually incorrect. "Thanks for warning the anti-semite" would have been better on both counts.

To any who have trouble seeing the anti-semitism in Martin's ranting:
(1) It's playing into hundreds of years of anti-semitic myth, going all the way back to the fraudulent "Protocols of the Elders of Sion" that helped fuel Henry Ford's antisemitic proselytizing, that was in turn inspiration for Mein Kampf. In short, Jews control the world economy, and manipulate it to their own sinister ends. In truth, there are Jews that wield economic power, yes. And their are many, many more that are poor and working class - and these are quite often the targets of racist violence that is 'justified' by theories like the one Martin is raving about.
(2) Come on, already! When you hear someone single out an ethnic group with the words "the fucking..." in front of it; i.e. "the fucking blacks," "the fucking mexicans," "the fucking jews," you might want to recognize that some scary (a) hardcore generalizing and (b) villification is going on. Particularly when that person is a white person - which is how I read Martin, I may be wrong - then understand that what is happening is part of the culture of white supremacy, and the manner in which it is maintained.

I mean, c'mon: how about a critique of the way that the world economy is controlled by the fucking whites?

best,
rafter

More photos, more messages, more storage—get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507