permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Positivity & Negativit

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Earth Passengers" <earthpassengers@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Positivity & Negativit
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:32:22 +0800

An observation of mine is that many worthy Permaculture Demonstration
Sites have been designed and then implemented on the ground with much hard
work by people who could be labelled as having generally negative
dispositions.

Observations such as this are useful for self-reflection and for reminding
all that negative attitudes can stain the image of permaculture and
therefore other permaculturists.
To offer another perspective, my own observation is different. I've found
practicing permaculturists (i have met maybe 4 dozen of them) to be the most
positive and inspiring people i know. They are the ones, i think, most
likely and most able to not dwell on problems but instead work toward
positive solutions (which reinforces positive dispositions -- at least for
me it works...). I think this is inherent in permaculture. Or maybe i've
just been lucky in meeting all the right people.

Peter Morehead