permaculture - [permaculture] Compost Tumbler....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Noctaire" <noctaire@infobin.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Compost Tumbler....
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:24:13 -0400

Anyone using a compost tumbler?

I have one that I picked up from a fellow Freecycler and I gotta admit, I'm
not entirely pleased. I've added all manner of organic material to it from
kitchen scraps to leaves to grass clippings and all I end up with is a
gloppy mess. It's in the sun, I turn it every few days to mix things up
well, and it's definitely reducing, but I'm yet to see that black gold come
out.

At this point, I'm about ready to give up on it as a source of compost and
just consider it a convenient way of dealing with kitchen waste without
freaking out the neighbors. :)

James