permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Frozen trees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Felicity Wright" <flickwright@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Frozen trees
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:19:36 +0930

We had the same experience last Spring in southern Australia (we live on the Lower Eyre Peninsula in South Australia). Was pretty disturbing. Some trees came back, some didn't. We lost very young fruit trees including figs and mulberries and some of the older ones were punished hard. Certainly didn't fruit.

Interestingly some eucalypts we had planted for woodlots were also killed and other natives we thought would be more frost hardy. Again, not all died, but it was a signficant percentage.... a sign of things to come?

f.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>