permaculture - [permaculture] Frozen trees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Frozen trees
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:34:45 -0500

In the Midwest USA, we had a bad cold snap a few weeks ago, preceded by
very warm weather. Everything had been blooming and leafing out, and the new
leaves and catkins and such were frozen. Now, 3 weeks later, many of the
large trees throughout our woodlands, oaks and sycamores and hickories and
more, look completely dead. Does anyone have experience with this....will
they come back this year or at least next? Thanks, Kathy

Kathy Evans
evansdk@earthlink.net