permaculture - Re: [permaculture] So what do you really think about long term climate change due to pollution-related global warming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] So what do you really think about long term climate change due to pollution-related global warming
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:57:18 +1000

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 12:22 am, Toby Hemenway wrote:
> The other sources I find say methane causes about 20% of the anthropogenic
> effect, and CO2 is 60%. So he's really high-grading the data. I'm a big

I wonder if the various frozen lumps of the stuff (or that are locked
up by ice) will, when released, be granted the appellation of
anthropogenic. They'll make this discussion pretty academic in
any case, I expect.

> I don't see that he's offering a real solution, even in the unlikely event
> that the average person would voluntarily consider giving up meat.

I thought the current solution (from a carn/omni POV) was to work
on introducing some of those amazing gut flora from macropods into
the [b]ovines.

Jedd.