permaculture - [permaculture] Christianity e community

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <mhanzi@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Christianity e community
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

On the last night of the Latinamerican Permaculture Conference in the
mountains of Brazil some years ago, I sat with my friend Gabriel on a dark
hill, watching the dancing and singing going on around the bonfire down
below, as members and visitors of Comunidade Campina ( an intentional
community, co-hosts to the event) celebrated the end of a wonderful and
magic event.

Gabriel mused "I wonder if at the time of Rome who the intentional
communities were", and it dawned on me: the Christians! Originally it was a
movement of small communities which shared. It only became a hierarchy with
all the rest of the heavy stuff implied in this when it was adopted by the
dying Roman Empire and became the "Roman Catholic Church".

Ivan Illich says "I don´t think there´s anything wrong with Christianity, I
just think they haven´t tried it out yet!"

Marsha Hanzi

Looking for earth-friendly autos?