permaculture - Re: [permaculture] anything happening with that permaculture database idea?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] anything happening with that permaculture database idea?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:53:01 -0400

Paul Cereghino wrote:

The permaculture database/CMS either dissolved the second it hit the water,

Its hibernating presently but seems to show signs of arising from the wintry
slumber.

or is currently incubating in some underground members-only think-tank to emerge as a many-armed demi-goddess, at a latter date. Mr. London may know more, as he generously offered server space in which to lodge a prototype.

Its the pcdb list you're on, incubating there, that is.
The server space is still available and awaits us.

I'd like to see each of us contribute digital skills but also share through
the DB
what we have learned practicing permaculture on our own, our special interests
and what permaculture projects we involve ourselves with.

I too was very interested, and spend way too much time thinking about information entrainment, evolution and retrieval, and am still slowly pursuing the applicability of Content Management Systems to non-authoritarian information management to my profession (ecological restoration/revegetation). I don't have the skills to code in PHP or set up and run a server, nor the time to do so and still work on my garden. Just a surplus of networks and ideas hunting for a viable technical partner...

I fit in that category somewhat. Limited computer skills but heavy
involvement with
permaculture and agricultural projects, the latter, for a living.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm