permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Invisible Structures Information

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mitra Ardron <mitra_lists@earth.path.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Invisible Structures Information
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:28:05 +1100

Phil

My feeling is that hte best thing Permies can do with the Invisible Structures is to recognise that
* the human and "invisible" systems are crucial to Permaculture's success;
* that permies in general have done a pretty bad job of it, which is characterised by really good systems, that are poorly taken up by the community.
* that Chapter 14 - unlike the rest of the Permaculture Designer's Manual - was clearly written by someone who had little direct experience of what they were writing about
* that there are lots of good projects out there working on the invisible structures, and start figuring out what works in your own environment. For example - what banking; community currency; organisational; decision making structures are working in your environment?

I notice that there is a focus on some of this at IPC-8, and wish I could be there to hear it, unfortunately the web site is beautifully designed, but missing all the important content like a list of presenters (something to learn about invisible systems there) so we can't see exactly who or what is being presented!

- Mitra