permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bottled Insanty: Fiji Water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: neshura <neshura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bottled Insanty: Fiji Water
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:11:00 -0500

FYI, He's being flippant. Don't reuse plastic water bottles to drink
from, there are plenty of questions about the leaching of chemicals
that make it something to avoid. I got my consumer kicks by buying a
couple of fossil-fuel-wasting but very attractive VOSS water bottles,
which are glass, and I refill them from the tap. Cut the tops or
bottoms off old plastic water bottles and use them as mini-cloches
instead, or make a self-watering pot for a (small) houseplant. (Invert
the top half and stuff it into the bottom half, poke a drain hole in
the side -- it works!)