permaculture - [permaculture] The Long Emergency and Financial Planning

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Laura C Frazier <lauracfrazier@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Long Emergency and Financial Planning
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:30:05 -0500

Hello folks,
I've been reading the entries for 8 months or so with great interest and have learned a lot. Now, it's time for me to post a question. My husband and I are shaping our future homestead via permaculture principles as a result of our reading _The Long Emergency_, _Power Down_ and other peak oil literature. We also bring to our adventure a deep love of the land, farming and a commitment to sustainable practices. Our biggest conundrum right now is how to approach financial planning including investing and subsistence living in the face of a "long emergency." We live in the Southeastern USA: North Carolina. I wonder how others are shaping their financial futures at this time. What kind of trends do people foresee?

Thanks so much for sharing all your experience, wisdom and information.

Happy New Year!
Laura Frazier

FarmGirl Arts & Consulting
Laura C Frazier, M.A., M.Div.