permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Long Emergency and Financial Planning

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Long Emergency and Financial Planning
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:59:35 -0500

Laura C Frazier wrote:

Hello folks,
I've been reading the entries for 8 months or so with great interest and have learned a lot. Now, it's time for me to post a question. My husband and I are shaping our future homestead via permaculture principles as a result of our reading _The Long Emergency_, _Power Down_ and other peak oil literature. We also bring to our adventure a deep love of the land, farming and a commitment to sustainable practices. Our biggest conundrum right now is how to approach financial planning including investing and subsistence living in the face of a "long emergency." We live in the Southeastern USA: North Carolina. I wonder how others are shaping their financial futures at this time. What kind of trends do people foresee?

Problem locating marketing opportunities for sustainably grown produce.
I have 4 acres worth and have no idea where I will be able to sell,
at any price, most of what I can grow. This has a lot to do with long term
financial security.

The answer is to develop a local and regional production and services
marketing and exchange network
and coop and CoOp CSA(community supported agriculture)/CSS(community supported services)/CSP(community supported production), owned and operated by the participants. A true support network. I would like to be involved in starting
one of these in our area, Central Piedmont NC.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm