permaculture - [permaculture] better idea, re MEN petition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncat.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] better idea, re MEN petition
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:31:26 -0600

Hello John -

It seems you're looking for "any" information that explains
the methods of Jean Pain.
Rather engage in a "petition" to Mother Earth News, just
write a polite and encouraging letter that you'd like them to
explore an update article. But you don't know what their
plans for the next year are or how much staff they can
devote to revisting this topic.

The most immediate way to get the information you seek
is to conduct your own research.

You can borrow the book thru Inter-Library Loan.

You can find Internet articles. I'll send you my web
research notes from May 2001, but keep in mind they
were a snapshot in time.

The methods of Jean Pain include brushwood chipping,
brushwood stacking and thermophilic management,
byproduct of biothermic heating for hydronic tubing
and distribution of hot water to homes and greenhouses,
byproduct of gasification for kitchen fuel burning,
byproduct of humusy compost for soil building.
Depending on what you want -- soil building
or biofuels -- there are several options that match
local biomass and equipment/labor resources.

Steve Diver