permaculture - Re: [permaculture] relocalizing community

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: permafrog@riseup.net
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] relocalizing community
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:04:32 -0400 (AST)

Greetings,

> Hi Bob,
>
> I started a web presence about a year ago in a yahoo newsgroup called
> sustainable_fortwayne. We talked about relocalization in the group, and
> I have also been going to NEIGBC meetings (which is much bigger than the
> one I started) where there are people who work for the city who are
> interested in sustainability. It is a small group making small changes.

small steps are important.

> I guess the best I can do is change my own lifestyle to be the most
> sustainable as possible and hope my example rubs off on others.

this is important.

Use Small and Slow Solutions

> I checked out the Relocalization Network Website. So far, there isn't a
> group for Fort Wayne, IN.

You could start one. There are a number of resources here:

http://www.relocalize.net/resources/development

or as you are already working with a group that is interested in
sustainability issues, perhaps you could gradually introduce some of the
information from the relocalization site.

all the best

bob