permaculture - [permaculture] Crude Impact & Escape from Suburbia - movie trailers]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, openpermaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>, BPG <bloomingtonpermacultureguild@lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Crude Impact & Escape from Suburbia - movie trailers]
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:09:12 -0500

Just received the following from Peak Moment producer Janaia Donaldson.
http://www.peakmoment.tv/

Keith

*Some film media coming up:*
*
*
*Crude Impact* is an award winning new documentary feature film on peak oil about to be released on DVD. The film looks at the impact of oil on human rights, climate change, population, food production and more. It's a timely film with an important message. We think you will find the trailer compelling. (from the producers).
there's a trailer for "Crude Impact" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwyAA2Zt8CI

Remarks *by Rob Hopkins from Transition Culture "*Last week I watched the new peak oil film, *Crude Impact*, produced by Vista Clara films, which has just emerged on DVD. It describes itself as “a film about how energy use, particularly fossil fuels, has impacted the earth, mankind and other species”, and is one of a couple of new peak oil films coming out over the next few months. I had been looking forward to seeing it for some time, and I found it to be an extremely well-made film which clearly and passionately presents the argument that we are at or near the peak, which will be a transition of historic importance.

They are making a sequel to The End of Suburbia film called "Escape from Suburbia" due out in March.

(Personally I think much of suburbia needs to be redesigned / relocalized / revillaged rather than "escaped". Ditto for "urbia'. Love to hear some discussion on the subject. Keith)

Free 90-second trailer is available here on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2y9BbNjLAY

Here is their cast:
James Howard Kunstler
Amory Lovins
Jeremy Rifkin
Matthew Simmons
Representative. Roscoe Bartlett, R-Maryland
Dianne Leaf Christian
James Woolsey
Julian Darley
Richard Heinberg
Thomas Homer-Dixon
Faith Murphy
Guy Dauncey
Jeffrey Rubin
Pat Foody
Hon. Ed Schreyer
Hon. Michael Meacher
Hon. Yves Cochet
Mike Ruppert
Colin Campbell
Their web site is: escapefromsuburbia.com

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

  • [permaculture] Crude Impact & Escape from Suburbia - movie trailers], Keith Johnson, 12/17/2006