permaculture - Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: negiliblek <negiliblek@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:26:08 -0800 (PST)

Jedd wrote:

>Merging wikis (and I'm guessing you mean CMS rather than wiki) with
>an rdb is a non-trivial process. Careful selection of the original
>CMS implementation is the big one there - needing a very good
>understanding of the solution you're aiming to achieve.
I'll just start off with a simple mysql, apache, php site. I've sent a basic
table structure for "revealing and discovery" to Lawrence off list; if it's
premise is good enough, I'll post it for public critique.

Wanna 'splain about CMS? .... and a few good sites for me to look at?

Also, Jedd, I've done a good deal of work with data structures inside
corporations and written maaaany lines of PHP to move data around these
structures. But I haven't had to make any of them look pretty; so I'm asking
for help in finding a cookie cutter look and feel that isn't written in
object oriented PHP. If you have any recommendations or want to create said
look and feel, I'd really appreciate my data work looking pretty!

negiliblek