permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture as a brand name...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture as a brand name...
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:52:57 -0500

Paul,

For myself, PC is a material lifestyle commensurate to one's spiritual
state (or for some, a state of grace or similar religious reference).

If the currently accepted combined social paradigm and business model
where you live promotes economic "development" linked to waste, obesity,
plastic surgery to enhance physical "beauty", and any other set or
number of diversions from true spiritual and material development, then
thinking of PC as a "brand" will likely be self-defeating along the
lines of "the thinking that got us here will not take us any further,
and will certainly not solve the problems we are facing".

I hope that answers your "brand" question.

With regards to education, this also depends on your present location
and social surroundings. (I am largely self-taught, using the Internet
as the only real research and educational tool in my area.) If you are
good at parlaying philosophical ideas to nuts and bolts practical
applications, then get a PC book. The original book, I believe, is Small
Is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered by EF Schumacher, but some
might disagree.

George

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but differentÂ…