permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Gypsum

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Gypsum
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:23:10 -0800

Hi folks,

What are your thoughts on the current status of 'Permaculture' as an international brand? Who can use permaculture to refer to a professional practice? Who can use permaculture to brand a non-profit project or a site? Im not a big fan of copyrights, but am a firm believer in courtesy to elders.

In a similar vein... what would you recommend for "sanctioned permaculture training" in the US, but who has advanced degrees in vegetation ecology, and years of practical experience in design, and has been studying permaculture source material for the last 15 years! Most courses appear to spend days providing introductions to topics that I have taught.

I am not saying that I wouldn't benefit greatly from a PDC AND enjoy it, but I am feeling that I should take my sparse time and resources and train with a plumber, or a welder, or an electrician more than with a 'permculture' trainer - but am interested in advancing the permaculture 'brand' in my practice and professional life.

Hopefully I have provoked and interesting coversation.. ;)

Paul Cereghino
Olympia, WA