permaculture - Re: [permaculture] female pee collectors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] female pee collectors
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:13:04 +0100

At our Dial House compost toilet http://www.gb0063551.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bog/compostbog.htm we simply made a second chamber for women to pee in (in the photo at the top of the page it's to the left of the 'main' loo chamber, where the 'Humanure Handbook' is lying, when the pic was taken this section was being used for storage of soak material and was later adapted simply but cutting another hole in the lid with a jigsaw), its just a bucket full of dry straw. This gets added to the main compost heap when full.

Simple and free!

Graham www.spiralseed.co.uk