permaculture - [permaculture] female pee collectors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] female pee collectors
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

Given the responses to my mentioning that my partner and I have not found an
ideal urine collector for her, I thought I would elaborate. The main design
goals are for a collector that is comfortable to use (preferably a hand-held
container to save space), does not allow for dripping or leaking (I am a
clean freak), is large enough for at least a couple days, will not spill, and
that has a lid to avoid odor. I bought this thing called a "Feminal" that
was a little small, but otherwise seemed promising. I was really
disappointed (and pissed off, really), when I discovered that the lid is
ridiculously difficult to put back on, totally voiding its practicality. My
partner liked that she could use it standing up, that it fit nicely, and that
it had an ergonomic shape. The lid seems to be the hardest part to deal with
because a vulva-shaped opening cannot have a screw on top. If Jude's
mayonnaise container had a handle, maybe that would satisfy our needs, though
Zephyr
doesn't like the wide openings of most containers. I know there must be an
easy solution out there. We save all our pee, so we need something that
really works. I think my long-term solution will be to attach a tube to a
funnel which will go through our strawbale bathroom wall into a 50 gallon
drum or something that I will empty as needed. Unfortunately, storing urine
results in the loss of nitrogen.

Urinecharge,

Rain

countries) for 2ยข/min or less.