permaculture - [permaculture] poop and pee

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Gregory Konger <gjkonger@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] poop and pee
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have been using pee in my yard for about a year with no problems. However,
when I tried composting my poop, I had a problem with smell and animals. I
used a plastic composter from Menards to dump a 5 gallon bucket of poop into
it every time it became full. How do I prevent the smell and how do I
prevent it from attracting animals? I am also afraid people might find out
that I am doing this and report me to the board of health, because I don't
know if it is legal. I live in Fort Wayne, IN, and I would like to be
reassured that I won't get into trouble.

Greg K.