permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture as a movement, permaculture defined.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture as a movement, permaculture defined.
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:49:28 +1000

On 16/10/06 4:30 AM, "Paul Cereghino" <paul.cereghino@comcast.net> wrote:

> suspect that permaculture would become more powerful if it were more
> narrowly defined and developed as an analytical system and a certificate
> program that is adjunct to other technical disciplines, and not
> 'encompassing'.

Well Paul - you may be interested to know this is more or less what we've
achieved here in Australia - we now have permaculture accredited under the
national Australian accreditation authority for Vocational Education and
Training with Certificates I-IV in Permaculture and Diploma of Permaculture.
Full-time students receive a government allowance during their studies
(Austudy).
To qualify for the accreditation status we had to demonstrate the uniqueness
of permaculture as a discipline/trade in its own right.
You can check out information about Certificates III, IV and diploma on my
web site www.permaculture.com.au
Ciao
Robyn

--