permaculture - Re: [permaculture] OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendlybacteria'gumforteeth]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: evansdk@earthlink.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendlybacteria'gumforteeth]
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:37:56 +1000 (EST)

Hi
I also warn every one to be very careful of any belief system, be it yoga,
religion nationality, These are all created by thought, and thought is
limited to work and research, they are of no use in psychological thought,
the mind is meant to perceive reality as it is not in the images the mind
creates. This applies to permaculture, as observation is a critical part and
in true observation there is no judgement
Keep Smiling
Martin

Kathleen Evans <evansdk@earthlink.net> wrote:
I replied to this post already but it never came into my inbox so I guess
it got lost in cyberspace or maybe it just didn't come to me and sorry if
this is a repeat:
I very much caution people about raw foods. It depends on your mind/body
constitution. Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of healing and itself a
branch of yoga, gives very good advice on this, a la one man's meat is
another man's poison, so to speak. Raw foods may be excellent for some
people in some seasons but not for all people in all seasons. In
permaculture you must know the land, in choosing a diet you must know
yourself. Raw foods are not one size fits all and might make you feel weak,
scattered, and ill. Highly advanced yogis and certain constitutions do well
on fruit diets but some of us need more substance and warmth.

Kathy Evans
evansdk@earthlink.net

'Remember God created the world, but the Devil is the one keeping it
active' Bob Dylan

"Put away the book, the description, the tradition, the
authority, and take the journey of self-discovery. Love,
and don't be caught in opinions and ideas about what love
is or should be. When you love, everything will come right.
Love has its own action. Love, and you will know the
blessings of it. Keep away from the authority who tells you
what love is and what it is not. No authority knows and he
who knows cannot tell. Love, and there is understanding."
-- Krishnamurti