permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Marsha signing in from Brazil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Marsha signing in from Brazil
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:29:57 +0700

G'day Marsha,

Nice to see from your website that things are going well.

I am very interested in your Cashew agroforestry work. Here in Binh Phuoc
Province in southern Viet Nam the main land use is industrial crops in
Cashew, Cassava and Rubber. The latter of which are mainly grown in very
large State Forest Enterprises. Though many farmers are now establishing
monoculture rubber in 1-20ha lots due to the current high prices and ease of
management (like cashew). Otherwise following forest clearance, farmers are
growing cassava then cashew.

At our Sustainable Cacao Agroforestry System research farm I would like to
develop some cashew/cacao plots amongst others. My question is what are the
compositions of the cashew systems you have been working on.

Thanks for getting back in touch with us all and I look forward to hearing
more about your projects.

Ciao,

Darren Doherty
www.permaculture.biz