permaculture - Re: [permaculture] uncolleging and pc in India

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] uncolleging and pc in India
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:39:42 -0500

Steve, you are so right. My one who went around the world is a girl, now 22.
Shoestring was not edible, she paid for ticket and the rest was WWOOFing,
Willing Workers on Organic Farms, room and board for labor. Now she and
boyfriend want to buy land (college money from grandparents) and learn
permaculture and start a WWOOF farm themselves. All her great grandparents,
all four grandparents, both parents, all have lotsa college so everyone
raises eyebrows at this smart kid not going to school. Smarter than the rest
of us, maybe. The point you make is almost painful...how much have we/I
forgotten, how can I keep learning from nature, what good are all the degrees
if you have to get in a car and burn oil every time you're hungry or thirsty.
Kathyann, thank you SO much for asking your son and sending his reply. Geez,
I think if Micaela just wrote down what she's been up to, yes, it would be a
heckuva transcript. In the Himalayas on second trip one day they realized no
shelter would be available that night so the boyfriend built something out of
rocks and sticks and debris that kept 6 adults warm and dry through a rainy
snowy night. He didn't learn that in college, and he went; also knows
primitive skills. Regardng the post about permaculture in India, I would like
contact info for that gal, for future reference, for next daughter who wants
to go around the world "blowing" her college money. Kathy

kathy,paul,knat-------who is in control of reality? can you get to the point
of "knowing" that you can deal with whatever the universe
offers?---uncolleging? how about uncertificating?in all my readings about the
lenni lenape and other tribes they kept saying that nature teaches you. tune
into natures rhythms and processes and you will learn how to be here. is
that not possible today? did nature stop teaching? do you need a degree to
flow with the universe? will the universe not support you if you connect with
it? or is that all over with? aha!!!
also are shoestrings edible?recipes? shelter? means of transportation?however
he did that he must be empowered---steve from pa.

Kathy Evans <evansdk@earthlink.net> wrote:
Paul, Can you tell us more about what your son is doing uncolleging? I have
one who has so far traveled around the world twice on a shoestring,
volunteering. I have a hard time letting go of thinking they need a degree.
Kathy

  • Re: [permaculture] uncolleging and pc in India, Kathy Evans, 07/17/2006