permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Techniques for capturing moisture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: J Newman <jn@jnweb.com>
  • To: permaculture digest <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Techniques for capturing moisture
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:28:27 -0700

I spent a little time camping out in the Namibian desert. It was accepted practice to dig a sleeping hole and cover it with your groundsheet, weighted around the edge of the hole with rocks. I awoke each morning dry and - of interest to this discussion - my (canvas) groundsheet was sagging with a good few litres of water.

- Jeffrey
108 Mile Ranch
BC, Canada

Jeffrey Newman
Inside British Columbia: http://www.jnweb.com/british-columbia/
Weblog: http://jnblog.typepad.com/provocations/

1. Re: Techniques for capturing moisture ( roxann )
2. Re: Techniques for capturing moisture (E. E. Mitchamore Jr)
3. Re: Techniques for capturing moisture (dwoodard@becon.org)

5. Re: Techniques for capturing moisture (Lawrence F. London, Jr.)
6. Re: Techniques for capturing moisture
(sinergyinaction@netscape.net)