permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Techniques for capturing moisture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sinergyinaction@netscape.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Techniques for capturing moisture
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:47:53 -0400

Hi Kevin
well I was actually thinking of storing this "free" water in a tank, apart
from doing what you suggest,
so that I could use it at a later time.

By the way do you think that high night air humidity can substitute (to some
extent) for lack of irrigation during daytime hours in very hot climates?
The place I am concerned with has (at this time of the year) very high day T
(>40ÂșC) but much lower night T with lots of humidity in the night.

Sometimes I feel that mulch (straw and other organic mulches) although they
let the humidity condensate on them, they do not allow much percolation to
the ground itself.

Cheers
Antonio