permaculture - [permaculture] Lovelock:- Crazed old fool?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Laurence Gaffney" <lgaffney@bigpond.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Lovelock:- Crazed old fool?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:57:11 +1000

Whilst Lovelocks arguments in favour of Nuclear Power are yet to convince me,
their is little doubt that "Gaia Theory" which sees the earth as a self
regulating system has been useful in focusing on the issue and broadening our
understanding of Self Organising Systems. Such understanding is of importance
to Permaculture Designers.
Lovelocks latest book, whilst a bit disjointed at times, seemed to me to be
the product of one who is capable of original/free thought. Crazed old fool
were not words that sprang to mind as I read the book.

Laurence Gaffney
Australia