permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ideas for growing chicken feed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Ute Bohnsack <sustag@eircom.net>, permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ideas for growing chicken feed
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:33:04 -0500

Marjory and Ute, I agree that we have to provide chickens a high protein
base diet. Hens could get what they needed from forage if we didn't steal
their eggs every day and if they raised only one or two broods a year as is
their natural proclivity. But as it is we have to help them with their
menu. Ute it sounds like your chickens eat better than most people! Kathy

  • Re: [permaculture] ideas for growing chicken feed, Kathy Evans, 07/05/2006