permaculture - Re: [permaculture] wild edibles and wholeness

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jennifer Nazak <jnazak@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] wild edibles and wholeness
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:47:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Marjory and All,

I too am interested in a non-electric grinder (like my
Grandma used to use - for nuts and coffee and corn and
meat and everything!)

Lehman's (www.lehmans.com), a reputable supplier of
"products for simple, self-sufficient living," offers
a hand-turned, high speed grain mill and a
hand-turned, high speed flour mill, among other handy
human-powered gizmos. Check them out here

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemID=708&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C670%2C701

I will be buying one of these when I get back home to
Austin this fall.

cheers,

jenny/dragonfly
Austin TX USA
(currently staying at EcoVersity in Santa Fe NM)

--- Forest Garden <forestgarden@gvtc.com> wrote:

> We have a large amount of lambsquarters growing
> around here and I've read
> you can dry the whole plant and then grind it into a
> flour for use later. I
> was wondering if you had any experience using it
> that way. And if so, how
> did you do the grinding? I am looking for a
> non-electric way to do the
> grionding. Yes, mortar and pestal, but large ones
> are surprisingly hard to
> come by.

*******
Jenny Nazak