permaculture - Re: [permaculture] wild edibles and wholeness

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: <evansdk@earthlink.net>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] wild edibles and wholeness
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:59:43 -0500

Hi Kathy,

I have been exploring wild edibles for a while - no where near expert yet.
We have a large amount of lambsquarters growing around here and I've read
you can dry the whole plant and then grind it into a flour for use later. I
was wondering if you had any experience using it that way. And if so, how
did you do the grinding? I am looking for a non-electric way to do the
grionding. Yes, mortar and pestal, but large ones are surprisingly hard to
come by.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Marjory