permaculture - Re: [permaculture] cats, was: Re: Gardeners can slow climate change

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roxann Phillips" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] cats, was: Re: Gardeners can slow climate change
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:23:48 -0500

Both of my cats are well over 10 and have lived outside all their lives.
All of the cats I've ever had lived outside. They don't kill many birds,
I do find one occasionally, but most of all they hunt and eat mice all
the time. They sleep and rest in the shed and rarely go far away from
it. mine are both spayed, and I am assuming that's why they don't roam
far. Our dog, Cathy, is the farm guardian and she doesn't let the
predators that might eat them come very close to the house. We live in a
VERY rural, mountainous and heavily wooded area with all of the natural
predators present except wolves.

Roxann, Kingston AR, zone 6b